You're staying at:
The Little Cottage
Church Road, Little Chipping, Kent, CT8 6RF
My Welcome Book
Welcome to The Little Cottage
We have designed this pack to help you get the most out of your visit to The Little Cottage. Please let us have your suggestions to help future guests enjoy this very special area.
You will find a hard copy of this guide at The Little Cottage in case you prefer a good read. You can also print this if you prefer a hard copy.
Owners: James and Mel Birch
Landline:+44 (0) 123 456 789
Mobile: +44(0)7890 123456
Arrival and Departures
The full address of The Little Cottage is:
The Little Cottage, Church Road, Little Chipping, Kent, CT8 6RF
By Car from London, Via the M20
- Take the M25 towards Hastings.
- Take exit 11 onto the B2068 towards Brighton, A261
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the B2068 towards Hastings, Hythe
- 140 yards turn left onto Ashford road
- 0.9 miles, take a slight left turn…
By Car from London, via the M3:
- Exit at Junction 7 onto the A3, direction Hastings.
- Travel for around 15 Miles, passing Bridgend turning and then exit at Junction for A260/B2047, signpost Brighton.
- Turn right at the little roundabout, taking you over the bridge.
- At the junction, turn right and then almost immediately left after 100 yards (do not rejoin the A3)…
By Train from London
There are several options but we recommend either:
- From Kings Cross/St Pancras to Brighton (53 mins) and then Taxi (10 mins)
- From Kings Cross/St Pancras to Hastings (Main Station – 51 mins) and then Taxi (12 mins)
The whole journey from London will take approximately 1 Hour and 10 Mins.
Other Train Options
- Westgate: FAST TRAIN from Kings Cross/St Pancras (53 mins) then 20 minute taxi.
- Margate: 1 hour 35 from London Victoria 20 minutes by taxi
- Ramsgate: 1 hour 52 from London Victoria then 20 minutes by taxi
- Canterbury East: 1 hour 12 from London St Pancras (1 change) the 22 minutes by taxi
Reliable, recommended local taxi – THE VILLAGE TAXI – is a great option to bring you from one of the train stations. Best to arrange in advance.
We can do this for you or you can ring and discuss direct 07735 665386 (James). Please mention that we have given you his number.
Please remember to bring the Hot Tub and swimming pool disclaimers.
Mel or her representative will meet you at the house. Please telephone 30 minutes ahead of arrival on these numbers:
Mel Mobile: +44(0)7890 123456 OR
James Mobile: +44(0)7890 654321
Please try to stick to your agreed arrival time. It will not be possible to arrive early unless agreed in advance. Please also telephone if running late.
Your home for your stay is: The Little Cottage, Church Road, Little Chipping, Kent, CT8 6RF
Keys to The Little Cottage
When you are met at the house you will be provided with 2 sets of keys. Please keep these safe and pop back through the letter box when you leave.
Departure: 10.00am or 12 noon as arranged.
Checklist for departure
- Put all towels, bathmats and bathrobes on the hall floor
- Take all drinking glasses to kitchen and place in dishwasher along with any last minute crockery. cutlery. Please leave the dishwasher running.
- Please turn off all lights, fans and close all bedroom windows
- Please ensure that all cushions and blankets are returned to their homes
- Please try to put all kitchen crockery etc. back in its original home
- Please remember to lock the doors and windows. This includes the front door, utility room door and all patio doors.
- Please remove all cigarette butts from outside and place on a plastic bag in the green ‘general’ bin.
- Please ensure that all outside furniture is left where you found it and that cushions are put away.
Bins and Rubbish
Importantly, please ensure that your rubbish has been recycled correctly as follows. You will find bins in the kitchen order cupboard that correspond to the outside bins. The bins are labelled:
- Hard plastic, bottles & cans
- Paper and card
When these are full, please empty into the outside bins which are situated in the drive as follows:
- Purple top bin HARD plastic, bottles and cans
- Paper and card: Please leave in black sacks
- Completely green bin: everything else
If you are staying for a weekend and you have any excess please take it with you or leave £25 in cash in order for our housekeeper to take it to the local tip but whatever you decide please separate still.
Staying for more than 1 week?
If you are staying for a week or more you will need to put the line out for collection and the day/times will be explained when you arrive.
It is extremely important that you do this otherwise our cleaners will need to spend time sifting through the rubbish to separate it and you will be charged for this.
You want to have a wonderful break and we want that for you too. We believe that when you are here this is your home for however long you are staying and that you will be relaxed, comfortable and happy. We do ask you to be respectful to your surroundings and we have a zero tolerance policy on loud, party style noise – particularly outside at night.
If you need to contact us during your stay, please find details below. Enjoy!
Your home from home
We use The Little Cottage as our 2nd home at various times of the year – especially as we have a large family. Otherwise we live in Hastings. You will see that there are some cupboards locked and marked private as this is where the house bedding and our personal belongings are kept. We also leave some personal belongings in the utility room such as coats, boots etc.
We have sought to equip The Little Cottage to a high standard and to anticipate your needs by providing all the things you might want for a great stay. Hair dryers and towels are provided as standard and a washing machine and tumble dryer are available so that you don’t have to worry about luggage restrictions.
- Please refrain from playing loud music in the garden after 10.00pm so not to disturb the neighbour.
- Please note this is non-smoking property and we kindly ask you not to smoke in the property. If you do smoke outside could you please collect and throw away the cigarette butts when you leave.
- Please do not invite any additional guests back to the accommodation without prior discussion.
- Please take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay.
- We may retain an amount from your security deposit if there is a lot of additional cleaning to be done. Please do not use blu- tak or sellotape on the walls as this can damage the paintwork.
- Please do not move the furniture.
The kitchen is well equipped.
- Dishwasher – After stacking select the required programme and close the door firmly. It should then automatically start. There are dishwasher tablets/rinse aid in the large drawer to the left of the sink.
- 2 x double ovens – Turn the oven on as shown and adjust temperature on the 2nd dial.
- 6 burner gas hob
- Extractor fan. This should be set to automatic but please manually tun it on if it isn’t.
- Microwave – Select the programme you require, adjust the time and press ‘start’.
- 2 fridge freezers
- There is a ‘kettle’ tap (photo) with safety feature. to left hand side lever operated the kettle function. Push down and pull towards you to release boiling water. It can sometime stick a little so please ensure that it has fully turned off. The leaver to the right is the usual hot/cold combination.
- 4 slice toaster
- large selection of pots, pans, serving dishes, crockery, cutlery and utensils.
- Walk in lader: As we use the house sometimes for ourselves it has a basic food stock here. Please feel free to use anything but note on the blackboard if you finish anything so that we can replace.
- Hidden drawers: The deep sets of drawers to the left of the sink and the other deep set under the island, have slim hidden drawers inside for cutlery and utensils.
kitchen roll, foil, clingfilm, bin bags, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, dishwasher cloths/sponges, tea towels, salt/pepper & other commonly used herbs/spices, some basic food stock such as cereals, flower, tins, etc so please help yourself to this.
Granite work tops: Please treat these with respect and do not place hot pans and baking trays directly on it. You will find metal stands for this purpose in the big drawers to the left on the sink.
55″ flat screen TV with full SKY Q package.
2nd sky box, again with full package, in the master bedroom.
Large sliding patio doors to the patio. These are operated by LIFTING both handles, gently pushing out and away and then sliding open.
There is a selection of board games in the TV unit.
Two large 4 seater sofas in the sitting area
Two bean-bag type hairs in bedroom 2
Dimmer switch that operates the lights over the table.
Table mats and table cloth: Please use at all times.
Large selection of glasses in units facing dining table. Please report any breakages.
10 matching dining chairs.
Further 2 can be found in the downstairs bedrooms.
Beds made up for your arrival
Hotel style toiletries
Glasses and bottles
Bathrooms and Toilets
1 en suite bathroom with bath & shower over
2 en suite bathrooms with walk-in showers
1 family bathroom with bath & shower over
Loo and basin ground floor
All bathrooms are supplied with 2 rolls of toilet paper and hand soap
Cleaning products etc here please keep this locked if you have children.
Cleaning materials, hoover and mop.
Electric entrance gate (PLEASE DO NOT FORCE OPEN-use the code at ALL times)
Code 1955#. The gate is on a timer so you will need to be quick once you have activated the opening.
Dining table + 12 chairs
2 umbrellas for shade
2 children’s climbing frames
Security lights around the house and in the outside driveway.
Patio lights on a timer.
Charcoal BBQ (April to October).
1 small bag of charcoal provided
Please clean this after use. £50 excess charge if cleaning staff need to do this.
PLEASE SHOWER BEFORE USING THE POOL and DO NOT WEAR FAKE TAN OR BODY LOTIONS/DEODORANTS IN THE POOL.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE POOL ALONE.
- Always keep the pool covered when not in use. This will conserve energy and prevent the build-up of condensation.
- If your hair is long, put it up in a ponytail or bun to avoid getting it caught in the filter or drain.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using drugs in the pool. In addition to the risk of drowning, your body cannot regulate its temperature as well when you are asleep, which can lead to dangerous overheating.
- Similarly, avoid using the pool when overly tired. Similarly, you should not be alone in the pool in case of accident/illness.
- Never use electrical devices (including phones, radios, TVs or any other corded device) in or near the pool. If you must have one nearby, use a battery-powered device and place it on a table a safe distance from the water. Be sure all electrical outlets are a safe distance from the pool as well, in keeping with local building codes. Corded devices and outlets present a real risk of electrocution if they get wet!
- ALWAYS SHOWER WITH SOAP AND WATER before and after using the pool. Showering before will prevent lotions and skin oils from gunking up the filter and prevent bacteria from entering the pool, and showering after will help remove any chemicals or bacteria that linger on your skin, preventing rashes and infection.
- If you have heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes you should check with your doctor before using the pool.
- Do not use the pool alone.
THE POOL IS TREATED WITH CHEMICALS, THEREFORE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ANY CHLORINE, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS POOL. THE OWNER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TEST THE WATER AT ANY TIME AND ADDRESS ANY SAFETY ISSUES WITH THE WATER QUALITY.
We accept no responsibility for any reactions or illness you might experience following the use of this pool.
Any direct damage caused to this pool by anyone should be reported to the owners immediately and will have to be charged.
Mobile phone reception is poor.
Hot spot is in Kitchen
The wifi at THE COTTAGE is SKY. There are 2 different ones to connect to. The main one is SKY.
Username: SKYF9A00 | Password: RVYMLVF
Sonos speakers in kitchen and sitting room.
Download App to your phone or other device – play own music
Wood Burner and Central Heating
Full instructions at the house
John or Sue will demonstrate if desired
Gas central heating on preset timer:
7.30am -11.30am: 20′
11.30am – 4.30pm: 18″
4.30pm – 11pm: 20′
Sue or John will show you how to adjust this on arrival.
If you have children we advise that you take the following precautions:
- keep the utility room locked as there are potential hazards there (cleaning products and the like)
- keep the swimming pool doors locked at all times and ensure that both sets of keys are kept in the key safe at all times.
- there are cleaning products under the sink so we suggest you move these
- keep the front gate closed
- keep the side gate locked
You want to have a wonderful break and we want that for you too. We believe that when you are here this is your home for however long you are staying and that you will be relaxed, comfortable and happy.
Bringing the Restaurant to you.
We offer a unique & truly special private chef experience brought direct to you. Combining a personal chef hire service with restaurant quality cuisine, this option is designed to be affordable, accessible & simple to book for our guests.
Our guests love this experience so please just pop us over an email or telephone Mel for more details.
We are proud to offer the Spa services of a leading national company BLAKE and JONES. They will arrive at the house to pamper you and your friends/family and offer the full range of spas treatments from manicures to full body massage.
This is the prefect accompaniment to the great spa facilities on offer at The Little Cottage – pool, hot tub and sauna.
Many of our guests make a supermarket order for a delivery to the house. WE try to make your life easier by accepting your order for you BEFORE you arrive.We will then pack it all away and refrigerate ready for your arrival. This service is
so just contact us to arrange a convenient time.
We use a trusted local taxi service and make bookings on your behalf. Just let us know your requirements and we will make it happen! Simply Contact Us by email or phone 07796132045
Why not have a complete rest and book yourself a mid stay or daily clean service £15/hour. Contact us on 01304 20346
Why not remove the hassle of making a full English breakfast for everyone and instead wake up to that wonderful smell of bacon. We can arrange for breakfast to be made for you and served – totally hassle free! £15/guest to include cereals, fruit juice, fresh fruit, yoghurt / full English breakfast / tea & coffee / toast & preserves.
Why not order a breakfast hamper with everything in it but DIY style £10/guest
Continental breakfast hamper: Croissants, cereal, fruit juice, milk, yoghurt, rustic bread, jams & marmalade £6/guest
We have some firm favourites!
The Open Table:
Fabulous sea food restaurant with far reaching sea views. Service is excellent. Dress is smart-casual. % minute drive.
Formal restaurant serving traditional English Fare. Exquisite surroundings of a large country mansion now converted to a 5* hotel and Michelin star restaurant.
The Old Haunt:
Casual and fun with live music 3 nights a week. Mainly Italian fare and all home cooked on the premises. 10 minute drive.
There are lots of great local pubs with 2 within walking distance
The Duke William
3 minutes walk away are serving good pub grub in cosy surrounding.
The Winston Churchill
5-10 minutes walk away you will find this gem of a pub. Lovely designer decor, plush furnishings, good pub grub but still relaxed.
10 minutes drive away and you will find The Mermaid. A tiny little pub but full of atmosphere and live music outside in the beer garden in the si=ummer months.
5 minutes walk:
Local village shop selling a basic groceries, newspapers and local produce.
5 minute drive:
10 minute drive:
Waitrose and Sainsburys supermarkets.
We recommend to make the map full screen to get the best experience.